Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oakland Bust



We went to the Oakland shelter today and looked at the dogs from the recent bust. We selected this sweet, playful female. She's a bit shy as most likely she was not well socialized.She was very willing to connect and interact with us in the nicest way during testing however.
We've seen this with bust dogs as you probably can guess these guys don't take their dogs to puppy socials. She's a nice, sweet dog in spite of everything.
She's grooving in right now.....we have an idea for a name but would love to hear your ideas on a name for this sweet girl.

12 comments:

  1. She looks like a Minnie to me for some reason... & I don't think I've ever said that sentence before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think girls are so much harder to name. Chloe comes to mind, though that might be used a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like a Ginger to me! She looks very sweet. Thank you for saving her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome Pibble! Happy to do it. She's a sweetie. We've had a couple of people mention Ginger on our facebook page too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DULCE!! Haha someone has good taste :)

    I would name her Ruby for her red coat. Or something like "Hope", "Faith", "Lucky" etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 4 yr old took one look at the picture and says "she looks like a Scarlett", so there is our vote..lol She is adorable whatever name you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great suggestions - I liked the idea of an Irish Name so we came up with Emma - I posted some pictures of her and her new BFF Hanna on the Our Pack Facebook page - they're not real clear but I think you can see her smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mary. I like that name too I hope everyone is likes it as well.
    Thanks everyone it's fun playing the name game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey guys,

    Just stopped by to say how much I enjoy reading your blog. In fact you are such a happy dog that I've given you an award. It's a sunshine award and you can claim it and find out all about it on my blog. If you'd like to display it on your blog please come see me at http://tillyrescuedog.blogspot.com/ and have a lovely day.

    Love

    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I second Ginger. What a gorgeous girl.

    ReplyDelete