Saturday, December 27, 2008

Another Side of a Vick Dog

Some organizations have called the Vick dogs and other fight bust dogs "killing machines". "They are bred for unstoppable violence", it's been said.

One thing folks that DON'T work with Pit Bulls, live with multiple Pit Bulls or have experience living and working with fight bust dogs (meaning they don't really understand them) fail to point out that Pit Bulls are biddable, willing to please and listen to what their owners want from them. Leo here wants to please and do the right thing in his pack.

Leo also LOVES to play with other dogs. He will listen to me in a flash when I say, "e-a-s-y Leo". He has been one of the best dogs with this lil pup Opal. She LOVES his puppiesh, full of life and happy to be a alive attitude. It's almost as if he's enjoying the time of life he missed - being a puppy. He's now having the fun of being a kid that he missed when he was younger. A very important part of a dog's growing up is learning social structure.

I want to mention that to have good, safe and fun play like this it's best to manage your dogs and be a leader to them. Set them up for success. As said above Pit Bulls take direction well. Use that. Use it to guide them. Dog to dog play is fun when well managed and supervised.

Thanks Leo for coming from where you did and you're still so willing to show our lil one the ropes. What a good hearted soul!

Play on......and be who you are Leo ......we love you just for that.......



Marthina

12 comments:

  1. Awww and who says "small" dogs can't play with Pit Bulls? My Pug and Frenchie have a great time playing with my Pit Bull everyday. Yay for Leo & Opal! ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Fight Bust Dog Roughed up by Puppy"

    Nope that won`t sell Papers and bring in forum posters via google alerts.

    Don`t expect this video to get picked up by AP and be broadcast over and over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh Pibble...I WISH I had thought of that headline!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. It`s Yours.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pibble Pal,

    You crack me up! So true, so true.

    Happy New Year to you too!
    Marthina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful HSUS may bust Leo for contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile and PeTA may call for the "humane" destruction of the puppy.

    Quote "The cruelty they've suffered is such that they can't lead what anyone who loves dogs would consider a normal life," says PETA spokesman Dan Shannon. "We feel it's better that they have their suffering ended once and for all." End Quote

    Death is always better than...a life time of playing,hugs and treats.

    Isn`t it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Leo,

    Your video playing with that puppy of yours put a big ol'smile on my face this morning.

    Isn't it fun playing with our wee little foster minions? I'm having such a great time bringing up babies in my house. I think I was born to be a nanny dog...and it looks like you were too...(a manny that is--male nanny, just like cousin Petey on Little Rascals). It gets me back in touch with my 'inner-puppy'.

    I'm so glad that you are enjoying your new and very much improved life with your pack. You look so happy and you surely deserve it! I still can't believe that some people called us pit bulls "killing machines", "ticking time bombs", and how we were "bred for unstoppable violence". Huh??? Bleh!!!

    So you just go on leading by example Leo, just like the rest of your pack and I do every single day. We are good breed ambassadors and we will change the minds of those naysayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling! Keep showing the true side of the breed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am constantly amazed by people that think they know things about dogs and people they never met.

    Will someone tell me what qualifies PETA to be an authority on Pit Bulls, or anything for that matter?

    Maybe you should add "sweater wearing puppy" to that headline. Did Opal get her sweater at the Pit Bull Fashion Boutique?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell Leo you can never trust People or Puppies in sweater vests.
    They may look harmless and somehat dorky but they can take ya.

    Leo you just make the naysayers look so foolish.

    I have one like Leo who can`t seem to hold his own with a 4lb cat.
    I find myself yelling "Will you leave the dog alone" and giving the cat 2 minutes in the penalty box for rough play.

    Sometimes I wish the dog would at least give the cat an angry look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, Opal had her sweater fitted at the boutique after her color scheme was done.

    Funny thing about cats and dogs too. Cats are always on top!

    I'm so glad you all are enjoying Leo's video.
    Marthina

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice video...happy new year to all!

    kevin, alicia, rocco & havana

    ReplyDelete