Sunday, September 20, 2009

Update from Missouri

Hello everyone! This is Smiley King Elvis in Missouri to fill you in on the happenings at the bunker. My mom, Gale, came home and had me in stitches. Tracey with Our Pack is here in St. Louis, and she and mom were instant friends. That is Tracey's picture at the left. Talk about two peas in a pod...I cannot wait to meet Tracey, too!

Tracey spent her first day in awe of the bunker. I cannot say much because of the gag order, but I can tell you they had a blast and enjoyed the day. She was warmly received and put instantly to work cleaning kennels and hugging dogs. Tracey was in heaven and in her element - behaviorist dreamland.

My mom met Tracey, and you know how loving my mom is, she took Tracey right under her paws (or is it wing for humans?). They had a blast working with the dogs, documenting personalities and sharing wonderful treats with the dogs. It must have been awesome. I am so proud of both of them.

Here is Tracey pictured with her own dog, Missy. Tracey says, "It was a very rewarding day on location in Missouri working with the bust dogs. I love the people at the Humane Society Missouri. HSMO will welcome volunteers who will clean, and give hugs and kisses."


6 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I have a question for you.
    I've worked as a dog groomer for over 10 years, and during that time learned much about dog training via experience and multiple seminars I attended. However, I am constantly wondering what it officially takes to become a real Dog Behaviorist. What kind of credentials do you expect from those you allow to work with the dogs?

    Any information or advice would be highly appreciated.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've probably learned A LOT about behavior being around the dogs, especially in stressful circumstances like grooming can be sometimes. So, there is the academics and study and there's the hands on and I think both are important.
    Here's a place to start. Also, there's a difference between a certified behaviorist and a certified behavior counselor or trainer.
    www.animalbehaviorcollege.com
    Marthina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for that gag order to be lifted so I can see pictures of these pups! I can't wait to learn about each of their personalities.

    Are you in need of any donated supplies for these guys?

    I hope I get to see you when you come to evaluate our two squishy Pitties :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Liz!!
    Me too!! :)
    We could use some tough toys, Kongs hard bones etc. That would be awesome.
    You're so sweet to offer.
    How's that lil Dulce doing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your "Donate" page and it said dog treats too? I'll see what I can do!

    She's a turd! To make a long story short, let's just say I can't leave her un-crated anymore...

    If you need collars for the dogs or anything, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the update on the MoBust dogs. Way to go Tracey for willing to get down and dirty and help these dogs where it counts!

    ReplyDelete